Friday, April 29, 2016

Nana's Wall Of Love



I've had the idea for a long time, but it didn't happen until Tom took me to IKEA for a spontaneous shopping trip. It was right after our son and family had said their goodbyes to Orlando, leaving me once again with a sad heart. He knows me well and that it's always good to help me find a happy distraction--like the beach or a day date anywhere but in our quiet, empty home.

So here we were at this store on the other side of town that I hadn't been to in a while. He told me as we took the escalator UP that I could buy whatever I wanted. Wow! I knew his words (and wallet) had limits, but he didn't want to spoil my fun thinking of the possibilities.

It worked.

I loved looking at everything, thinking if I wanted this or that. If you've been there you know the winding path through every room imaginable takes time--lots of time. And Tom was in no hurry. We talked, we laughed, we thoroughly enjoyed just being together. Although I can never get used to their annoying shopping carts. Tom gladly took over that frustration for me too. :-)



And then I found it! The one thing, or should I say eight things, that I have wanted. Eight picture frames the size of a standard piece of printing paper (8 1/2" x 11"), with hinged doors that open on the front.

My adorable grandchildren love to draw me pictures--all the time. My refrigerator is full of their art work as well as a drawer marked "Nana's Treasures". Now I will have a place for me to display their masterpieces on a rotating basis where I can see them.



I took great delight in hanging them in my laundry room. I took a photo and sent it to my daughter and daughter-in-love, inviting them to tell my little people to start sending me their artwork. They squealed with delight! And I must admit, I did too.

The best part? It didn't cost Tom much at all--$4.99 for each frame, but the joy it brought my heart is priceless! I'm so glad that Papa loves Nana as much as Nana loves him. We make a great team.

1 comment: