Monday, March 13, 2017

Happymess



My house is quiet after a full two weeks of visiting grandkids. Phoebe, our youngest granddaughter, hasn't been here since she started walking and I must say my house hasn't been so baby-proofed in a while. I followed her around the first day to see what would catch her attention. If it was breakable or dangerous it got put away. There were a few things that got broken I missed, but all in all our time together was great.

My favorite moment was when she discovered Nana's window seat all by herself. It's a passage that all my grandchildren have passed through, and the reason it was built in the first place.

My heart is full, my walls have been etched with more memories they would tell if they could speak, and my house is a happy mess--time to get to work "unbabyproofing" everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment