Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Bonding From A Distance



I have been blessed to have all of my faraway little people visit us in the past two months. We have had such a great time going to Disney, the beach and swimming in our pool. Lots of fun, food and memories to carry me until the next time we're together.



But what I want to share with you today, is a moment I won't soon forget. 

When grandchildren are born close by, you get to bond with them and be a part of their lives so there is no doubt who their Nana is. But when you live faraway, it's harder to bond especially when they're so little. This is why when this moment happened, it melted my heart to tears.

I was tucking my daughter's youngest little girl in bed. She is two. Brielle has only been to our home a few times, and this was the first time where she's really talking and expressing herself well. As I kissed her goodnight and sang her her favorite bedtime song--Tomorrow, from the musical Annie--she said something I didn't expect...


It was the sweetest moment as she looked in my eyes with such love.

So, distance doesn't prevent bonding from taking place. This little girl has a permanent fixture in my heart, and now I know, I have one in hers too. Thank you, God! 

1 comment:

  1. That is the sweetest post! Thanks so much for sharing with us at NanaHood.com Love those grandbabies, don't we?

    ReplyDelete