Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Feast on the Memories


Tomorrow we are heading to our cabin where we will celebrate the 4th of July with all of our kids and grandkids. To say I'm excited would be a huge understatement!

This is our first time to all be together for nearly 3 years. One thing I've learned about being a Faraway Nana--any time together becomes monumental. Five of our eight grandchildren celebrate birthdays from June 11th to July 24th, so I've made a tradition of a group birthday party, and this year is no exception.

The theme will be red, white and blue. We've gone all out in buying decorations to spruce up the cabin and the guys will go shopping for the nighttime fireworks display. There will be a parade that I've arranged for our five Birthday grands to ride on the Chamber of Commerce float--a dream of theirs. We'll attend the local pig roast BBQ afterwards making this holiday one we'll not soon forget.

There was a day when the present would be overshadowed by the fast approaching good-byes of tomorrow, but not any longer. I've decided our presents are better than ever when we are together and the memories made provide enough joy to carry me until the next time.

When will you be together with your grands next? I pray it's soon. Until it comes
Feast on the memories. They are precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment