Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I Found My Laughing Place

As a Faraway Nana one of my biggest disappointments is missing many of my grandchildren's firsts--first loose tooth, first time on the potty, first time rolling over...you name it. It's tempting to think you'll miss out on all of those special moments because of the distance.

But God!

Those are two words that never cease to amaze me. Certainly there are many firsts I have and will miss. But there are many that God has blessed me with experiencing first hand. This past week was a perfect example.

We were able to go with our daughter and her family to Walt Disney World for the first time. Seeing the joy on their faces was...worth.every.dollar (penny doesn't fit when you're talking about the Kingdom of the Mouse!) :-)

I soaked up all the memories knowing I would have to feed my soul on days when the distance gets the best of me and I'm sad.

I have to share with you one of my favorite memories...it was seeing our three-year old granddaughter, Stella, experience her very first roller coaster.

You never know how they're going to respond. This video delighted my soul. Makes me think of this quote from Song of the South...

Johnny: I wish I had a Laughing Place
Ginny: Me, too.
Uncle Remus: What make you think you ain't? Course you got a Laughing Place.
 Johnny: Really, Uncle Remus?
Ginny: Really?
Uncle Remus: Everybody's got one. The trouble is, most folks won't take time to go look for it.
Johnny, Ginny: Where's mine?
Uncle Remus: Well, now, that I can't exactly say. 'Cause where 'tis for one mightn't be where 'til for another.
Johnny: Come on, Ginny. Let's start looking.  
I think Stella found her laughing place--and you know what? I think I've found mine too!

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah!


No comments:

Post a Comment